Beacon supply partner, M&J Seafood share tips for April and beyond.
Guest Article: M&J Seafood
M&J Seafood is delighted to announce that Salmon pricing has dropped back slightly to end of November 2016 levels following the highs of Christmas but this is still significantly above historical prices. Early indications warn that these prices are due to rise again post Easter.
Other highlights include:
- Salmon and smoked Salmon - Prices easing but likely to rise again after Easter.
- Fresh Haddock - Increases in April then likely to drop back as we move towards summer.
- Gilt Head Bream – Increasing due to short supply but should drop back in June/July when the new season starts.
- Canadian Lobster – On the way up but should fall back when new season fishing comes through from June.
- Crab – Increasing due to high demand from China.
- Clams – Increasing due to shortage of Italian Clams but should drop back when the local catches start during the summer.
To view the full seafood report, click here